Thread: Sdi mpg

Post Thanks / Like

Sdi mpg

Hi, got a 2009 Caddy 2.0 SDI a few months ago and am getting about 35 MPG, mostly driving around town stop/start. I was expecting better fuel economy tbh. The engine runs ok, anyone know what I can do to improve this. Was going to purge the injectors with Liqui Molly, other than that what could improve it ? All the wheels spin freely and are not binding.

I asked at the garage a month or two ago when I had the cam belt & pump, and a new injector fitted; if the injector seals needed changing but their response was its not really worth it as its running OK. They hooked it up to WAGS and I do have a print out but don't know what to look for.

Thanks
    2009 Caddy 2.0 SDI

Post Thanks / Like
    35 mpg is a bit low for stop/start running.

You can post all details from this WAGS printout.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 12/2003-05/2008, Model: Caddy/Caddy Maxi, Engine Code: BDJ, 51Kw, 70PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Suction Diesel Injection (SDI) Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 06/2005-05/2008, Model: Caddy/Caddy Maxi, Engine Code: BST, 51Kw, 70PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Suction Diesel Injection (SDI) Timing belt
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.