Thread: t5 2006 2.5tdi 174 blowers not working

Post Thanks / Like

t5 2006 2.5tdi 174 blowers not working

Hi folks.I have a 2006 Transporter T5 2.5 TDI 174PS model with 140,000 miles on. for about a few months now my blowers were making a strange squealing noise on settings 1-3 but it went away on setting 4.Last weekend there was like a sound like the fan was clipping something bit like if you put a small stick into the spokes on a spinning bike wheel.then they just went off - dead,Even the aircon button doesn't light up now.So i changed the cabin filter - (no change) - I changed the resistor (no change) - I took out the blower fan which seemed to have a bit of play in it.I changed that too but still no blowers.Has anyone else had this problem.Is there any fuses I need to double check or relays, ive looked under the seat, there are 3 plugs with lots of wires going to them.I swapped all the 25 amp and 30 amp fuses in the cabin fuse board and looked at the engine bay fuses too.but still no joy.i see some people changed a 40amp fuse behind the bcm.I stripped all the panelling off under the steering column but I cant find this 40amp fuse.Maybe the 2006 model didn't have this fuse only later models.Any help id be very thankful.cheers.
    Last edited by johnnyshox37; 20-04-19 at 11:09.

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 06/2006-05/2007, Model: Transporter, Engine Code: BPC, 128Kw, 174PS, 2.5 Ltr, 5 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD)

Do you have the correct fuse and relay layout? PDF files

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.