Thread: EPB Failure

Post Thanks / Like

EPB Failure

Hello, Newbie to the forum here. Iíve got a 63 plate Passat which has generally been reliable apart from eating suspension parts, but has now developed a rather worrying problem with the EPB.

About 3 or 4 times in the last month it has stopped working altogerther with a warning light appearing on the dash. After restarting the car a few times itís cleared itself. Has anyone else experienced this? At the moment itís annoying more than anything else but Iím concerned that itís a deteriorating fault that may become permanent.

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Could just be a faulty control panel, a fault code read will reveal the problem.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 Ė 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk BuffCastle View Post
    Hello, Newbie to the forum here.
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

As said: You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies. So not a known fault I guess. I have googled it and couldn’t find anything. My first port of call will be the dealer I got it from as it’s still got a sort of warranty on it. The problem is I work 90 miles from home and the dealer, and can’t leave the car with them as I have no way of getting to work, so it looks like I’ll be paying for it to be fixed.

It’s about 2 months away from a service. The VAG Indy I use is pretty good so I’m hoping it’ll keep working until then.
    2013 Passat 2.0 TDI-CR