Thread: Hello! Cruise Control

Post Thanks / Like

Hello! Cruise Control

Hello everyone, I'm a brand new member. I just bought a 2014 Golf BlueMotion 1.6 TDI, DSG with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). I like it a lot but very soon after I got it the ACC almost caused me to crash. I was going round the Kidderminster bypass at a fairly quiet time of day, on ACC, when we came round a bend and there was a queue of cars waiting at a traffic light. The ACC didn't recognise the stationary car at the back of the queue and I had to brake quite hard. Otherwise I find the ACC helps me get good mpg.

Post Thanks / Like
    And this is going to get worse with increased automation.... in the event a driving aid causes an accident, who gets the blame? Would anyone believe you without a driving data recorder? Which is coming by law incidentally in a few years.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

3. Thanks Sam&Anne thanked for this post
    Likes Sam&Anne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Readdicat View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm a brand new member. I just bought a 64 reg Golf TDi, 1.6 Bluemotion automatic diesel with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). I like it a lot but very soon after I got it the ACC almost caused me to crash. I was going round the Kidderminster bypass at a fairly quiet time of day, on ACC, when we came round a bend and there was a queue of cars waiting at a traffic light. The ACC didn't recognise the stationary car at the back of the queue and I had to brake quite hard. Otherwise I find the ACC helps me get good mpg.
    I am happy with my overall 49mpg and after 51 years on the roads I am happy to still be in control of what I am driving.
    Am I in the minority? Probably.
    Do I care?
    Not a jot.
    Last edited by Sam&Anne; 16-05-19 at 14:44.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    A driving data recorder? Which is coming by law incidentally in a few years.
    Bring it on.

Second half of my working life in a 40 tonner watched over by a tachograph. No problem.
    Nothing to hide - nothing to fear.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

6. Likes Crasher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.