Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: key battery warning, no oil light, service warning cancel procedure

Post Thanks / Like

key battery warning, no oil light, service warning cancel procedure

Morning to all
    I have a 2010 T5.1 140 Caravelle engine code CCHA and need some help with 3 issues which may or may not be connected.

A while ago I started to get a warning saying " key battery needs to be replaced". I tried the spare key which was the same. I fitted new batteries ( 2 lots tried ) to both but still the same.
    Original batteries were 8 years old and voltage not far from that quoted on battery. I have not had trouble opening or closing the vehicle even from a fair distance.

I then had a " service now " warning appear. The vehicle was due for a service and I have now carried out an engine service and check over.
    After changing the engine oil I was looking for the oil pressure warning light but it did not illuminate. This is the first time I have serviced this vehicle so have never been actively looking for the light before.
    There is a symbol on the dash but it never illuminates even at key on when the others seem to do a self check.

Iam also having trouble turning off the "service now" warning.
    I have been advised: with Ig.off press and hold set button(r/h), Ig on, release set button and press button on left of dash.
    Nothing happens.
    Vehicle was on longlife service and was told this procedure would revert schedule to annual,which I will be doing.

To recap:
    Can't get rid of Key Battery warning. ( batteries replaced twice )
    Oil pressure warning light never comes on
    Unable to cancel service now warning.

I am contemplating replacement of oil pressure sender.

Sorry if I have rambled on but thought best to give full story. Any advice would be much appreciated
    2010 Caravelle T5 2.0 TDI-CR 140PS CCHA

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that the remote battery CR2032 or the vehicle battery?

To reset the service indicator you can look in the MFD settings that's what I use. Or you need access to VAG-COM\VCDS.

Oil pressure warning light never comes on check all wiring/connectors.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Keithuk
    Yes the remote battery CR2032 in the key. Our local dealer could only recommend I fitted one of their batteries and see what happens.
    How do I access the MFD settings.
    Do you know if the Oil pressure switch has one wire with connection to earth when pressure present or is it more complicated ?
    Will look into get a scan done.
    Anyone know of a reasonably priced independant in Southampton area

Thanks Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    The oil pressure switch is earthed through the block and is a single circuit pressure to close design closing at between 0.3 and 0.6 Bar, part number 036 919 081 D, the wire is yellow. The signal is fed to the dash computer which monitors the signal and only only turns the light on in the event of detecting a problem, it is a dynamic system. The switch is on the back of the head on the cars left and is evil to access.

2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Crasher
    Thanks for this info. I have had a look at the switch position and can see it is a problem to get to so wont be diving in just yet.
    Do you know if the light should illuminate at key on with the other lights as some form of test ?
    I will try the service reset later.
    Thanks Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never noticed on a T5 but on contemporary cars it comes on for a second or so and then goes out.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose best thing to do is check getting earth at switch when engine off. And cold !
    Or find someone with exact same vehicle.
    Guy at VW said some do some don't which I took as " don't know but too embarressed to admit it "
    I can live with the service now warning but was concerned that the system may stop regen happening as it apparently does if fuel too low.
    Not that I remember experiencing a regen. Excavators I used to work with really dog the engine and tell the driver not to turn off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1769.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	6642
    The service reset would not work for me and just realised my dash is different to the one shown.
    Picture of dash attached hopefully.
    Thanks Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    If the switch doesn't get an earth the glow plugs would not work as its earth is the cylinder head. The reset version is all they show for 2010 CCHA Caravelle

Vile Invention

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Crasher

I meant that I should check for a circuit through the switch to earth.
    Is the oil pressure switch signalling the heatstart that engine not running?
    Or is there a thermo switch in the system for that?

Is there anywhere that I can get a proper elec schematic for my vehicle. the haynes manual doesn't show much elecs.
    I will try and get someone local to scan my vehicle and possibly reset service which I presume can be done with VAG-COM or VCDS?
    Appreciate the time you are taking.

Cheers Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Crasher
    By pressing and holding oneof the buttons on end of wiper stalk I found a main menu.
    Not sure if I can get anywhere else from here but did not want to go pressing buttons without knowing what I was doing.
    There is an ok/reset button on the wiper stalk aswell.
    picture of Screen attached.
    Thanks Tim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1770.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	6643

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast