Thread: Timing camshaft belt replacement 1.9 Bluemotion advice

Post Thanks / Like

Timing camshaft belt replacement 1.9 Bluemotion advice

Hi all, new to the forum and looking for some help. I have aquired a 2008 Golf BlueMotion 1.9 TDI (BLS engine code) that needs a few jobs. As a priority I could do with changing the cam belt and water pump.

I am looking for some top tips or ideally links to Youtube videos showing how to do the job. I can find a few but they are either relate to the wrong type of VW diesel engine (or they are in Romanian lol)

I am pretty competent with car repair but would really appreciate any guidance any forum members could offer.

Thanks in advance
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 03/2007-07/2009, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: BLS, 77Kw, 105PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) 8v Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 08/2005-11/2008, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion/R32, Engine Code: BLS, 77Kw, 105PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) 8v Timing belt

Timing Belts App
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like

Timing belt app?

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 03/2007-07/2009, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: BLS, 77Kw, 105PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) 8v Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 08/2005-11/2008, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion/R32, Engine Code: BLS, 77Kw, 105PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) 8v Timing belt

Timing Belts App
    Hi Keith, thanks for your reply. I didn't know where to start but looking at the list of jobs I will certainly be an active member of this forum. lol
    I can see an app listed but I am not clear how to get it? Can you help please? Thanks in advance.
    2008 Golf BlueMotion 1.9 TDI-PD BLS

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I posted the link from other forum as its on a few. I've updated the link to this forum. Just click on the TDI_Timing_Belts.txt so save it somewhere. Open it up and paste the link into your browser.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    You need the crank and cam locking tools and use a genuine VW kit and water pump for peace of mind and a two year parts and labour warranty. Remember the engine mount to wing and consul bolts MUST be replaced with the correct spec parts.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 – 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Flippin brilliant. Thank you very much Keith.
    Very helpful & massively appreciated.
    If there is one for Bluemotion turbo replacement do let me know. It seems to stick when you give it a bootful??
    I am wondering whether to do both jobs at the same time ? Interested to hear your views as i imagine that there will be a lot of duplication on the job removing parts???
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Sorry I posted the link from other forum as its on a few. I've updated the link to this forum. Just click on the TDI_Timing_Belts.txt so save it somewhere. Open it up and paste the link into your browser.
    2008 Golf BlueMotion 1.9 TDI-PD BLS

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolesyboy View Post
    If there is one for BlueMotion turbo replacement do let me know. It seems to stick when you give it a bootful??
    I am wondering whether to do both jobs at the same time ? Interested to hear your views as i imagine that there will be a lot of duplication on the job removing parts???
    The BlueMotion turbo replacement will be the same as a normal TDI-PD.

There is nothing wrong with this great forum but I would suggest to browse that join another good TDI forum. https://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/

The same rule applies there as I've a mod on that forum. First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.