Thread: Timing camshaft belt replacement 1.9 Bluemotion advice

Post Thanks / Like

Timing camshaft belt replacement 1.9 Bluemotion advice

Hi all, new to the forum and looking for some help. I have aquired a 2008 Golf BlueMotion 1.9 TDI (BLS engine code) that needs a few jobs. As a priority I could do with changing the cam belt and water pump.

I am looking for some top tips or ideally links to Youtube videos showing how to do the job. I can find a few but they are either relate to the wrong type of VW diesel engine (or they are in Romanian lol)

I am pretty competent with car repair but would really appreciate any guidance any forum members could offer.

Thanks in advance
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 03/2007-07/2009, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: BLS, 77Kw, 105PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) 8v Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 08/2005-11/2008, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion/R32, Engine Code: BLS, 77Kw, 105PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) 8v Timing belt

Timing Belts App
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like

Timing belt app?

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 03/2007-07/2009, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: BLS, 77Kw, 105PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) 8v Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 08/2005-11/2008, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion/R32, Engine Code: BLS, 77Kw, 105PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) 8v Timing belt

Timing Belts App
    Hi Keith, thanks for your reply. I didn't know where to start but looking at the list of jobs I will certainly be an active member of this forum. lol
    I can see an app listed but I am not clear how to get it? Can you help please? Thanks in advance.
    2008 Golf BlueMotion 1.9 TDI-PD BLS

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I posted the link from other forum as its on a few. I've updated the link to this forum. Just click on the TDI_Timing_Belts.txt so save it somewhere. Open it up and paste the link into your browser.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    You need the crank and cam locking tools and use a genuine VW kit and water pump for peace of mind and a two year parts and labour warranty. Remember the engine mount to wing and consul bolts MUST be replaced with the correct spec parts.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Flippin brilliant. Thank you very much Keith.
    Very helpful & massively appreciated.
    If there is one for Bluemotion turbo replacement do let me know. It seems to stick when you give it a bootful??
    I am wondering whether to do both jobs at the same time ? Interested to hear your views as i imagine that there will be a lot of duplication on the job removing parts???
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Sorry I posted the link from other forum as its on a few. I've updated the link to this forum. Just click on the TDI_Timing_Belts.txt so save it somewhere. Open it up and paste the link into your browser.
    2008 Golf BlueMotion 1.9 TDI-PD BLS

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolesyboy View Post
    If there is one for BlueMotion turbo replacement do let me know. It seems to stick when you give it a bootful??
    I am wondering whether to do both jobs at the same time ? Interested to hear your views as i imagine that there will be a lot of duplication on the job removing parts???
    The BlueMotion turbo replacement will be the same as a normal TDI-PD.

There is nothing wrong with this great forum but I would suggest to browse that join another good TDI forum. https://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/

The same rule applies there as I've a mod on that forum. First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.