Thread: First post form me and the thread!?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool First post form me and the thread!?

Firstly, HELLO!

Secondly I'm the proud owner of a few VW's...

The latest is my bread and butter Crafter. Its so far been awesome. Its the first time ive put lots of bells and whistles on a new vehicle too!

I was wondering if anyone here has any skills with the VCDS they can share to tweak the system here and there?

Just for sh17s and giggles really!

Signing off...

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says: 1973 Type 2 1700

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 08/1971-12/1973, Model: Typ 2/Syncro, Engine Code: CB, 49Kw, 66PS, 1.7 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Type 2 Van, Air Cooled
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 08/1971-07/1973, Model: Typ 2/Syncro, Engine Code: CA, 49Kw, 66PS, 1.7 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Type 2 Van, Air Cooled

Which year and engine is fitted in your Crafter?

Do you have a genuine VCDS cable?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Keith.
    Thanks for the friendly reply.
    I own 5 vws.
    The forum application form allows for one.
    My first and still current favourite is my bay as you mentioned. I've owned her since I was 19. That's MANY years ago!
    This is not my first or only forum. It's been a long time since I've been a newbie. I shall post accordingly.

The crafter is as in the tag line. A 2019 140 crafter with business pack fitted. It's also less importantly in blue and HUGE!

Anyway as all my vws have been air-cooled until the crafter and my wife's new type beetle I've not needed a Ross tech VCDS. I was wondering if it was worth investing in one?

So that's why the thread....

Cheers

Me, myself and I 😎👍

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a modern VW and want to work on it then VCDS is invaluable, there are cheaper alternatives which I have tried and they are not as good. For the Crafter I can’t remember which type of diagnostic plug they us as we don’t work on them.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your time and good advise bud! I appreciate it when we take time to read and post to one another. Time is such a gift! Anyway enough of the 'new age traveller' in me....
    I'll do my homework and find out what socket it uses. I'm just concerned that unless there is a repository of help for the crafter I'll sh@g it up with the help of 'ross'... I suppose I could always take it back with a 'I've no idea how it happened' look on my face if it goes horribly wrong 🤣🤣🤣

Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding the heading of the thread....

'wish I could spell....'

Sorry all 🙈

Post Thanks / Like
    Your 1973 Type 2 1700 will probably need The 2 x 2 Port in Older Cars

Your 2019 Crafter will use VCDS on its own.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 73 type 2 Transporter 2 computer diagnostic system is a long gone huge main frame unit that is no longer of any value, I have never even seen one...
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse: