Thread: Kenwood Touch Screen - Upgrade?

Post Thanks / Like

Kenwood Touch Screen - Upgrade?

Hello All

Many thanks in advance for your advice on this matter.

We have just today collected our 65 plate Tiguan. At the time of test driving and eventually paying our deposit the dealer was still in the process of working on the vehicle and the touch screen display had been removed. We were surprised to find that when we received it this had been replaced with a Kenwood DNX 521 unit, instead of the factory fitted screen. Initially we were disappointed as this did not look quite as sleek and tidy as the VW screen, however the salesperson claimed that this was in fact an upgrade valuing around 700.

I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on this and would agree with the dealer on this point? We are worried about missing out on certain functions with the Kenwood screen - such as the parking sensor display, and anything else that we may have not yet realised.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to give this a read.

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from this post, minus engine size/type.

Crasher is the Kenwood expert wait until he reads this post.

Post moved to correct section.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

3. Thanks weeludo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Keith.

Many apologies - I should of had a better read at guidelines etc.

Much appreciated
    65 plate Tiguan Engine????