Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golf mk5 fsi noise

Post Thanks / Like

Golf mk5 fsi noise

I have a weird noise when starting car from cold like a rattle then tapping noise it lasts for about. 1/2 mile and only does it on deceleration itís just had a new timing chain kit done as recommended by vw but the noise is still there Iíve seen the same noise on YouTube on a Passat with same engine I think the guy said he changed the vvt solenoid and noise stopped. Can anyone give advice please

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pe1ter View Post
    I have a weird noise when starting car from cold like a rattle then tapping noise it lasts for about. 1/2 mile and only does it on deceleration it’s just had a new timing chain kit done as recommended by vw but the noise is still there I’ve seen the same noise on YouTube on a Passat with same engine I think the guy said he changed the vvt solenoid and noise stopped. Can anyone give advice please
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0. Is this your mk5 Golf FSI or are you trying to fix someone else's?

Rattle tapping noise from where engine, suspension? If its the same on this Passat on YouTube post the link.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry it’s my car it’s an 08 plate Golf 1.6 FSI I bought it from Arnold Clark 7 weeks ago and noticed the noise from the engine they told me to take it to vw. Who said it was the timing chain. So Arnold Clark paid for a garage they use to do it at a cost of £700 plus vat but it’s still making the same noise so it’s its obvious it wasn’t the timing chain the car has only 39 k miles on it with full service history

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    So its an engine noise. If you have add this Golf for 7 weeks what warranty Arnold Clark give it 1 month or more?

I've updated your car spec.

That video doesn't show for me when all YouTube video's used to show. I don't know if this forum has done another update that will stop it showing!!! I've had to copy your link into my web browser to make it play.

You have posted 3 video's all with the same link, I've deleted the other 2.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Iíve not a clue how to put link up

Post Thanks / Like
    The car came with a 60 day warranty but I flagged the noise issue to them about 1 week from buying the car. I canít fault the customer service from them theyíve been great they have told me they will book in to another garage for investigation but Iím concerned that because theyíve spent a lot on the car already they wonít put anymore money in to the car as itís not worth it I posted a clip of it from a cold start up on you tube itís under. Mk5 golf weird noise by peter mather

Post Thanks / Like
    You just post the YouTube link only. Yours is Belgium so it adds that to the end.

I've just asked the main admin if he has done any updates.

I don't hear any definite rattle on that video.

Maybe Crasher will make an input when he reads this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to mention it also has a judder on idle

Post Thanks / Like
    Canít you hear like a rattle followed by a tapping noise

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast