Thread: Engine oil level rising between services!

Post Thanks / Like

Engine oil level rising between services!

Since having the VW EA 189 service action being carried out 2 years ago on my Touran 1.6 TDI I have had problems with more frequent DPF regeneration, an injector failing and a definite increase in the engine oil level. The biggest worry is the engine oil which is black and raises the level on the dipstick by about 10-15mm between oil changes carried out by an independent local garage, which since this problem I now have done every 5000 miles. There is no smoke, no warning lights and engine performance is still as new.
    Looking at the paperwork supplied when the EA 189 NOx action was carried out, VW did state that they would look at any defect in respect of a failure of the fuel injection system, so I shall l be contacting the dealer next week asap. The car has done 85K and mileage is generally motorway but with occasional around town trips.

But I would be grateful as a layperson for any advise and as to where possibly the fuel is leak is coming from, is it via the injectors or pump or something to do with the DPF regen...?
    2011 Touran 1.6 TDI-CR, 105PS, CAYC

Post Thanks / Like
    The CAYC engine injectors made by Siemens are a big problem and they can leak fuel into the oil which makes the level go up but also poor combustion from worn injectors lets fuel get into the oil and a sign of this is excessive regeneration. The oil being black is normal, you could change the oil once a week for a year and it would still be black.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

3. Thanks Inspectorjb thanked for this post