Thread: VW Polo 2015- Issues after two months of not being used

Post Thanks / Like

VW Polo 2015- Issues after two months of not being used

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with my 2015 Polo 1.2 TSI (Petrol).

I have just returned from travelling for 2 months, during which time the car has remained un-used. I just went on a short journey in the vehicle and I noticed a few issues:

- Start/Stop feature is not working (it says the power consumption is high).
    - EPC light is showing
    - Catalytic Converter light is showing

The car seems to drive just fine, I wonder if the issues are just because the car has been un-used and maybe a good run-out may fix these problems?

I will be completely honest, I have very very little knowledge about cars, so any information or tips as to how I can get this fixed would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark
    2015 Polo 1.2 TSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the electronics in the car is having a fit because the battery voltage has dropped too low. If you keep driving it then those faults should clear by themselves.
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BLP

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.