Thread: How Can I Lock Car Without Activating Alarm System

Post Thanks / Like

How Can I Lock Car Without Activating Alarm System

Hi All. Quickly....I have a 14 plate Tiguan. Going on a Ferry to Spain in a few weeks and need to know how to lock the car without activating the alarm system. I've looked in user manual but I can't make head nor tail of it. Thanks in advance.
    2014 Tiguan 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't comment on your vehicle but on my Golf there is a small switch to control activation of the alarm system.
    On mine it is somewhat hidden on the door pillar directly behind my right elbow as I sit in the car.
    It is in the handbook so keep looking but I suspect it might be something similar on all models.
    Someone will doubtless correct me as necessary.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    As the previous post there should be a small switch on the B piller.
    Mineisa 2012 Tiguan and it has it.
    Press the switch before leaving the vehicle. Then lock the vehicle. It should now be locked but not alarmed.
    It resets every time the car is unlocked
    2012 Tiguan 4Motion 2.0 TDI-CR

4. Likes marchie1053 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for this information. We use Newhaven to Dieppe ferry [which can be a wee bit choppy in the midpoint] at least twice a year, and each time, I've been crossing my fingers! I pressed the button but couldn't detect any feedback or MFD system confirming that the Alarm had been disabled. I already tape a 'Remember to release caravan handbrake' reminder to the Steering Wheel before locking the car onboard! 'Belt, braces, sock suspenders' approach

Steve
    2016 Tiguan Match Edition BlueMotion 2.0 TDI-CR CUVC. Night Blue Metallic
    Original Delivery Date: 29th Feb 2016
    Purchase Date: 29th October 2018

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2015-07/2018, Model: Tiguan, Engine Code: CUVC, 110Kw, 150PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2011-07/2018, Model: Tiguan, Transmission Code: NFZ, Transmission Type: 6S, Remarks: 0BB Gearbox (front-wheel drive)

Post Thanks / Like
    Theres no confirmation that the alarm is disabled on the dash on my Touran, but check the little red warning light that is in capping of the drivers door Its roughly where your elbow would be if you were resting your arm on the edge with the window open, normally it flashes to say the alarm is active, when the button is activated it doesn't flash.
    2013 Touran SE 2.0 TDI-CR (CFHC - D91) DSG (PBF -G1A) Acapulco Blue Metallic, Retro Fit Front Fog lights, Westfalia Detachable Towbar
    2015 Skoda Fabia SE (Mk3) 1.2 TSI(110) DSG Silver.
    1983 Austin Metro 1.3 HLE Arum White, 39,500 miles, owned from new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Touranasaurus View Post
    Theres no confirmation that the alarm is disabled on the dash on my Touran, but check the little red warning light that is in capping of the drivers door Its roughly where your elbow would be if you were resting your arm on the edge with the window open, normally it flashes to say the alarm is active, when the button is activated it doesn't flash.
    Thanks, once again. Common sense really! I was thinking in terms of a signal to show that the alarm WAS disabled, whereas the VW logic is to have the alarm flashing light extinguished to show that it is not enabled. Just another way of looking at it, said the fly walking up the mirror ...

Steve
    2016 Tiguan Match Edition BlueMotion 2.0 TDI-CR CUVC. Night Blue Metallic
    Original Delivery Date: 29th Feb 2016
    Purchase Date: 29th October 2018

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2015-07/2018, Model: Tiguan, Engine Code: CUVC, 110Kw, 150PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2011-07/2018, Model: Tiguan, Transmission Code: NFZ, Transmission Type: 6S, Remarks: 0BB Gearbox (front-wheel drive)