Thread: Strange EGR issue mk6 2.0tdi 140 golf

Post Thanks / Like

Strange EGR issue mk6 2.0tdi 140 golf

I have bought Golf mk6 2.0 TDI. Drove it for a while then EML came on after inspection mechanic said it’s egr, they supplied my vehicle with brand new egr after 3 weeks from that repair COIL LIGHT together with EML came on and car went in limp mode. Brought it back to the garage did such as repair and they diagnosed it as egr they fitted must of been faulty so supplied my vehicle with second brand new egr.

Today which is 3 weeks after second attempt of fixing my faulty egr same faults came up. So im giving up. Repair is under warranty they haven’t charged me labour fitting the second egr in, so Basically I can leave the car with them every 4 weeks to get another one fitted until they solve the issue but it’s kind of nonsense driving car 3 weeks then leaving it in the workshop for a week. What else can cause that if it’s definitely not egr as it’s been replaced twice, and car does literally the same after nearly same period of time, limp Mode, down on power hence the limp mode obviously and both lights on coil flashing and EML.. advices highly apppreciated !
    Last edited by Martinjdm22; 11-06-19 at 22:32.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is the later water cooled unit it is because they are fitting an aftermarket unit, I have had them fail before I can even get the car back on the floor so now we will only fit genuine and even then a few weeks ago we had to replace one that we only did 3 and a half years ago, I was really upset for my customer as VW were not interested.

2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Could a dirty throttle body make that happen? As Ive plugged it in today to snap on and Im getting also throttle position sensor fault.

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from this post.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    The V157 throttle body gets clogged solid with EGR gunk as does the variable inlet manifold on versions with one. The other week we had to do a 1.6 Golf 6 CAYC, it needed a new manifold (non variable retro fit now from VW), new throttle body and new EGR valve, the later really pissed me off as we had fitted a new genuine VW one 3 and a half years ago and VW were not interested in helping. A few days before we had done a neighbours slightly earlier than yours 2L Golf 6 with the EGR valve up in the front of the engine after the throttle body and before the inlet manifold and that needed a new manifold (still variable on this type), EGR valve and throttle body.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse: