UK Volkswagen Forum banner

Forum Update ... New Server ! 11:20

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Keithuk 
#1 ·
We have moved to a new server with more power and space

See less See more
#2 ·
Can we get rid of the guy spamming the forum with his repeated streaming messages under a succession of new member names? Can you block his provider, or do you need to move to an approval process where new members have to validated before they can post??

Chris

#3 ·
Hi,
I’ve been trying to open this site on my pc and get an Account suspended message.
ive just tried it again and get a 404 not found message.
ive tried deleting cookies, using a different browser and now finally able to login on my phone.
I’ve also tried emailing webmaster but that gets returned undeliverable.
any help would be appreciated, thanks.

#4 ·
Chris we have been getting loads of spam post over the last week about football and golf. I've deleted those as spam. The stupid thing is they are all posted in suspension.

I get the 404 error not found message I may have mentioned this in here a while ago.

#7 ·
Thanks Guys, I know you're doing your best to get rid of the spam... I was just hoping there might be a way of cutting it off from being posted :)

Chris

#8 ·
Once a member gets banned because of spam their IP number is logged in the server database. I don't know if this database is only used by this forum or all forums can use it. That means they can't join another forum. As spamming isn't allowed on any forum.

If you look at the bottom of the main forum index it says.

Spam-O-Matic Statistics

5908 Spammers Denied Registration
498 Spammers Permanently Banned

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.