Thread: 16 plate tiguan

Post Thanks / Like

16 plate tiguan

Hi, question for those that have more of a clue than me on a few issues with my 16 plate Tiguan.
    Issue one infotainment system switches off intermittently. Has been in for this before. VW give software update and say all is well. It keeps happening.

Issue 2, front parking sensor impaired. Dropped off today. VW service advisor said it may come up with this warning in rain so that you do not rely on it. Sounds plausible but I’m not so sure.

Issue 3, I get a humming sound at 35/50 MPH sounds like a wheel Bearing has gone. VW advising I change tyres as this can cause the humming sound. Tread depth 3mm. I don’t buy into this.

Issue 4. The most serious. The tail gate (not powered) is scuffed on the bottom left and right causing it to rust. It has scuffed the bumper. anyone had similar.

Issue 5
    Mechanisms in the electric windows seem to be rattling.

The car is under warranty and booked in. I’m curious to see if anyone has had similar issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    The rear suspension design in terribly prone to excessive negative camber which pulls the tracking out and damages the inner of the tyre so causing a terrible din that sounds like a wheel bearing. Fit QUALITY new tyres (not Far Eastern ****) and have the alignment set, ask the company to set the camber as close to the positive tolerance as they can and then set the toe to match. Also, make sure the rear bump stops are not degraded as this can cause the rear to squat which exacerbates the problem.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. The rear tyres are the original. Wear is even. I replace with continental tyres.

Post Thanks / Like
    Conti can be noisy, try their other brand Uniroyal, their RS3 is super quiet and seems to be less prone to saw tooth wear although I have still seen this on the Golf 6. Basically it is an endemic problem with the multi link rear end, stoping it going too negative and changing the toe does seem to help as do some Powerflex inner lower arm bushes, the point at which the toe is adjusted https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Tiguan...item5898ef00da
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from this post, minus engine size/type.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I has the saw tooth on my rear wheels when i bought my 2015 Tiguan 4Motion I too thought it was a wheel bearing but it was not 2 new tyres and a 4 wheel alignment noise gone all paid for by the people I bought it from
    2015 Tiguan 4Motion 2.0 TDI-CR