Thread: Multi Functional Display

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Multi Functional Display

hi everybody,

I have a 2000 Golf Convertible 1,6 automatic (AFT engine with DNR gearbox),

I have put the speed o from another golf that has a OBC.

the avagage speed is working and the distance traveled,

I have installed the outside temperature sensor and wired it in as well as the oil temperature, which are working great.

have also wired the indicator button in so i can reset and change from the stroke.

what i would like to know is how to get the MPG working please.

Can Anyone help please. thanks.

PS i have new wires with connector on to plug into the engine ECU and Speed o.

Summo
    2000 Golf Cabriolet 1.6 (AFT) Auto

Post Thanks / Like
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 07/1995-02/1998, Model: Golf Cabriolet, Engine Code: AFT, 74Kw, 100PS, 1.6 Ltr, 4 Cyls

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 01/1997-02/1998, Model: Golf Cabriolet, Transmission Code: DNR, Transmission Type: 4A, Remarks: 01M Gearbox

I can't tell you much about the without I look in ElsaWin.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

3. Likes Summo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    im trying to reto fit the OBC to my car that didn't have it. i know the Engine ECU had it because the engine ECU came from the same Car as the Clocks.

what i would like to know is what wirring i have to connect to the clocks to get the MPG and Fuel part to work, everything else i have got working.

I can send you both Vin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Summo View Post

I can send you both Vin
    Only Crasher has a VIN decoder if you send him your VIN number via PM.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you message me the VINs and remind me Monday I will look at the wiring diagram
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    If you message me the VINs and remind me Monday I will look at the wiring diagram

have messaged you the VIN numbers

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a Lilac/white wire from pin 10 of the 68 pin ECU plug, check that this has continuity to pin 26 of the instruments, by which time it has changed to a very thin Lilac wire behind the fuse board.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks wil look in the next day or so and get back to you