Thread: Fluid leak behind rear wheel drivers side

Post Thanks / Like

Fluid leak behind rear wheel drivers side

Hi all,

We recently bought a second hand 2014 Sharan. It's had a couple of niggles, air con needing a re-gas and the front under tray dropping on the drive home from the dealer. Have spotted a small fluid leak behind the rear drivers wheel. Bottom edge of the arch liner looks soggy. It dries up and doesn't stain the drive. Now the coolant light came on this morning so I am suspecting a coolant leak of some kind? Are there pipes up around there?

We bought a years warranty at the time so hopefully they will deal with it but wanted to know if this was a likely scenario?

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Which fluid leak brake fluid or something else? Get the rear brakes check for this leak?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry not clear how I stated that, when I say behind the rear wheel I mean towards to back of the car. Comes out of the space in the rear quarter panel. Looks like that's where the Aux Heater is? There are pipes going back there. I did test the heater last night, no heat from the back roof vents. A error code scan using OBDeleven did show up

Aux Parking heater
    01410 Heater Overheated
    And
    02251 Heater Locked

I assume the second is a result of the first
    2014 Sharan 2.0 TDI-CR
    1972 T2 Bay window bus

Post Thanks / Like
    VAG Error Code: 01410

Fault Location:
    Heater Over-Temp (Auxiliary Heater) - Intermittent

Possible Cause:
    There are Temperature Sensors that need checking.-
    Fault at temperature sensor in additional Heater Control Module (J162).

Possible Solutions:
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).

VAG Error Code: 02251

Fault Location:
    Heater Unit Locked (Auxiliary Heater) - Intermittent

Possible Cause:
    Heater not working.
    Heater Module refuses to clear Fault Codes.

Fuel Level low.

Possible Solutions:
    When found in Aux Heater module of VW Touareg (7L), unlock heater module by saving a 1 in Adaptation Channel 003, then clear fault codes.
    When found in Aux Heater module of VW Touran (1T, and similar models), unlock heater module by saving a 1 in Adaptation Channel 042, then clear fault codes.
    When found in Aux Heater module of VW Transporter (7H), unlock heater module by saving a 1 in Adaptation Channel 003, then clear fault codes.
    When found in Aux Heater module of Audi A8 (4E), unlock heater module by saving a 1 in Adaptation Channel 007, then clear fault codes.
    When found in Aux Heater module of Audi A4 (8K), Audi A5 (8T), Audi Q5 (8R), Audi A6 (4F), Audi A6 (4G), Audi A7 (4G) or Audi A8 (4H), unlock heater module by saving a 1 in Adaptation Channel 042, then clear fault codes.

Special Notes:
    When Address 18-Aux. Heat has additional system specific DTCs in conjunction with Heater Unit Locked the cause needs to be diagnosed and repaired. After system specific Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)'s are set, the heater unit will lock. For example, Technical Product Information (TPI) 2016660 specifies 3 occurrences of 01412 - Glow-Plug with Flame Monitoring [Q8] will result in 02251 - Heater Unit Locked.

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.