Thread: RCD 200 stereo not working

Post Thanks / Like

RCD 200 stereo not working

The stereo won't switch on at all. I have checked the fuse box diagram in a previous post on here and have checked the fuses relating to the radio, SC2 and SC5. Both fuses are okay. The whole car was scanned with VAG-COM 2 days ago and there were no faults showing so i'm thinking, and hoping, it's something simple.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and have any ideas what it may be? Help greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which fuse layout are you using one you have Goggled?

PDF files

Scanned with a genuine VAG-COM?

Post moved to the correct section.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it was genuine VAG-COM.

I referred to https://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2697 for my fuse box info.
    2007 Fox Urban 1.4 BKR, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    Just had a look at your main post on fuse diagrams. It's a 2007 1.4 petrol Urban Fox so it will be 1010 Fox 1.4 Fuses & Relays 5Z11H4 BKR i will need but am unsure which one Crasher has posted details of. Once i have made a few posts to the forum i will come back and ask nicely for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the removal keys this morning. Took out stereo and found the 10A fuse in the back of the unit had blown. Changed the fuse, put it back in, switched on, left it for 5 minutes in safe, and voila...it works!