Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should my nearside mirror dip...

Post Thanks / Like

Should my nearside mirror dip...

...when I select reverse, or is this an 'optional extra'?

It was standard on my 2009 Mk6 Golf 2.0 GT and 2012 Golf 1.4 TSi Cabriolet

Thanks
    2016 Tiguan Tech Match Edition BlueMotion 2.0 TDI-CR 150PS

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know if it was optional or not... but on most VWs it only does this when you have the mirror control knob set to the LH mirror. So if this is pointing somewhere else it won't work for you

Chris
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI DSG in Tornado Red, with Perth alloys, Bi-Xenons + LED DRLs, Discover Navigation, Climatronic, Sunroof, Foglights, Mirror Pack, Lane Assist Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist, Rear view Camera & Winter Pack!

Golf 4 GT TDI 3 Door from 11/1998 to 3/2006.
    Polo 4 Twist 1.2 3 Door from 12/2003 to 4/2009.
    Skoda Octavia 2 L&K 2.0 TDI from 3/2006 to 12/2011.
    Golf Plus SE 1.6 TDI DSG from 12/2011 to 2/2015.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm. I get the feeling this won't happen unless the 'Convenience pack' was fitted at build stage.

Ho hum.

Thanks, Chris.
    2016 Tiguan Tech Match Edition BlueMotion 2.0 TDI-CR 150PS

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently, for this to work, you need to have electric seats with position memory fitted, otherwise, you need to pull the knob!
    2015 Tiguan R-Line BlueMotion 2.0 TDI-CR 184PS 5dr DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom59 View Post
    Apparently, for this to work, you need to have electric seats with position memory fitted
    Not on mine. I turn the mirror adjuster to L/H position and it will dip to my pre-set position when reverse is selected.
    Obviously other models may differ.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    The car needs to have Pr code 6XQ instead of 6XN, this MAY be on th Pr sticker, if not, private message me your registration number.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, as you say yours is 6XN. It does not seem to be a retro fit any of the usual companies offer so it would be worth finding someone with VCDS to see if it can be enabled in the door coding tables, I have done this in the past.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

8. Thanks Tom59 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PR Code: 6XQ Group: ASE Description: Exterior mirrors: with memory function, electrically foldable/adjustable, separately heated
    PR Code: 6XN Group: ASE Description: Exterior mirrors: electrically adjustable, separately heated

They aren't fitted as standard and they are a expensive replacement.

As said: You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone correct me as necessary if I have lost the gist of this.
    I am reading the OP as asking about a "dipping function" of the n/s mirror for reversing assistance.
    I have this function by turning the adjustment knob to n/s and when reverse is selected that mirror dips to a preset position as Chris says.
    It returns to the original position when the knob is returned to normal. Both mirrors are heated by another twist of that adjusting knob and back again to switch them off.
    I do not have heated seats or folding mirrors and I didn't specify a dipping mirror. I only found it by accident in the manual.
    I assumed most models had this function but I am happy to be corrected.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am toying with the idea of purchasing VCDS, exactly for this kind of situation, even though I know nothing about it.
    Is there a simple dummies guide to VCDS anywhere that I can go through. I have seen the emulator on the Ross-Tech website, which tells you how to use it, but I need to try to also understand what I am doing.
    2015 Tiguan R-Line BlueMotion 2.0 TDI-CR 184PS 5dr DSG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast