Thread: Touareg R Line Retrofit Towbar

Post Thanks / Like

Touareg R Line Retrofit Towbar

Sorry if this has been asked many times.

I have a 2015 Touareg R-Line and decided to add a towbar, upon contacting VW was told I would need to upgrade the cooling fan and a huge expense. In total for a Westfalia towbar, electrics and fan upgrade, I was told it would be 2000.

I decided to dig a little further and contact some independent companies and they actually install the original OEM towbar, electrics and code the vehicle, and this can be done for 680 all in. All three independent companies said this was just scare tactics by VW and unless I was driving across the desert in 40 degree heat then it would not be an issue.

I will not be towing anything big, just a rear thule box or small trailer but I am concerned that when i come to sell it, it will come back to haunt me.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Mark
    2015 Touareg R-Line Engine???

Post Thanks / Like
    Late to the party but I had a Westfalia retro fitted a couple of years ago. 2013 model R line and the cost was about 600 inlcuding wiring and recoding. I've done some reasonable towing ever since (house renovation in France) and not had an issue with overheating.
    2014 Touareg R-Line 3.0 V6 TDI-CR