Thread: Touran Touran - Please please help me now!

Post Thanks / Like

Touran Touran - Please please help me now!

2010 Touran Bluemotion Match 1.9 TDI model 155k

Have only owned this car since Nov 2018 and in the last 8 or so months never had an issue with the running of the car until yesterday, in fifth gear doing around 45 i tried accelerating and the car wouldn't increase speed as it normally would it hesitated then went up a few miles then did the same also the glow plug warning light kept flashing and the ESP light was on solid, i dropped my speed to around 30 and tried and the same happened got to the lights in neutral idling fine engine never cut out, again I tried and everything seemed okay then around 45 it did the same again but only for a few seconds.

I got home at 8pm, parked up switched the engine off and after 10 seconds turned it back on all lights were off and all idling fine, I then turned the engine off and tried again this time it wouldn't start it felt like it was about to start but never did i waited 5 seconds and still the same so i locked up and decided not to take the car to work.
    Almost 22 hrs later at 6pm today I started the car and it started as normal but now it has the engine amber light on solid, i didn't drive it as i was worried i'll not be so lucky this time and breakdown. I have read on here about wiring loom issues and rear brake lights not working and injector issues on 2004/5/6/7 models and possibly later, will this have the same issue if it is this, how do i find out what type of injectors this car has?

Anyone local to me that can run a test using the recommended equipment, I am based in Preston, Lancashire.
    All help appreciated. Can upload photos if it helps, please let me know.
    Last edited by chillidad; 06-08-19 at 20:34.
    2010 Touran BlueMotion Match 1.9 TDI-PD BLS Engine 105PS DPF in India Blue
    Mileage 150k

Post Thanks / Like
    Update

This morning started the car no warning lights and has been running fine for an hour that i was driving stop start local. Not sure what to do.
    Mileage 150k

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

4. Thanks chillidad thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    Do you think it would be a good idea for a list of members with VAG-COM\VCDS be placed on the forum and where in the UK they are?
    Mileage 150k

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chillidad View Post
    Do you think it would be a good idea for a list of members with VAG-COM\VCDS be placed on the forum and where in the UK they are?
    We do have VAG-COM/VCDS User Locations but very few members add their details.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    We do have VAG-COM/VCDS User Locations but very few members add their details.
    That is because unlike you and me, most normal people are not prepared to work for free using a tool which now costs over 550, odd but true...
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse: