Thread: Random announcement

Post Thanks / Like

Random announcement

Hi,

My multimedia system sometimes randomly says 'queuing traffic ahead'. I use CarPlay and have checked all the settings for the car's own navigation too and can't seem to find any settings relating to controlling traffic announcements. I don't use the car's navigation, and even when I am not using CarPlay maps the announcement still occurs.

Anyway to identify where this is triggering from and how to turn it off please?

Thanks,

CrunchTheApple78

Post Thanks / Like
    As I know that you will get it from the radio not from the navigation.
    I used to have a Laguna without navigation and I was getting the traffic info. You can turn them off from the radio settings.
    2006 Jetta 1.6 FSI, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, thank you for this. I think I found it. Although I didn’t have the traffic announcements turned on within settings, when I checked in ‘advanced settings’ there was one for ‘DAB traffic announcements’ which was activated! More bizarrely, the option was greyed out although ticked, so I had to return to the first settings page, turn on traffic announcements, go back to advanced settings, turn off DAB traffic announcements (which was now ungreyed out) and then go back to the first settings page and deactivate traffic announcements again!

How very odd! I would have expected all traffic announcements to be off if the main control was unticked!

Anyhow, appreciate the pointer in the right direction,

cheers,
    2019 Golf GTI Performance 2.0

Post Thanks / Like
    I disabled traffic announcements on my RCD310, it would tell about things not in my area it would be Liverpool or another city total crap.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.