Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EPB Issue

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why I'm seeing this fault now, I've verified the motor works with 12v supply. Also had the motor working when connected to the plug on the car but not connected to the caliper
    2006 Passat Estate Sport 2.0 TDI-PD

Post Thanks / Like
    VAG Error Code: 02433

Fault Location:
    Supply Voltage for Right Parking Brake Motor (V283) - Electrical Fault in Circuit/Open Circuit

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
    Parking Brake Warning Light active/flashing.

Fuse(s).
    Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Right Parking Brake Motor (V283) faulty.
    Right Parking Brake Motor (V283) Power Supply faulty.

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace Fuse(s).
    Check/Replace Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Right Parking Brake Motor (V283).
    Check Right Parking Brake Motor (V283) Power Supply.
    Perform Terminal 30 Reset.
    Remove Fuse(s) for a short Time.

Special Notes:
    When found in VW Passat (3C): Parking Brake:
    Clear Fault Codes with Engine running (to ensure proper Voltage Supply). When checking Voltage with this Fault Code stored, the Module may not output Power to the Motor. Try clearing Fault Codes and Operating the EPB as mentioned below before testing again.
    Switch Ignition OFF for about 10 Seconds.
    Start the Engine and keep it running while trying to clear Fault Codes.
    Press the Parking Brake Button [E538] in 5 Second Intervals.
    Check Technical Product Information (TPI) 2013530 (Rest of World) or Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 2015075/01-07-47 (North American Region) for possible Control Module Software Update which corrects Low Voltage Sensitivity.
    This Update can be considered mandatory if you have these Fault Codes stored!
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I clear code they come back straight away without scanning.

Post Thanks / Like
    The early EPB ECU is extremely prone to burning out internally if not treated with great care and this is probably why the breakdown chap left it alone as they know not to touch them, VCDS will warn you about this. This car is quite an early one having been built 17-11-2005.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    VCDS doesn't give me any indication of this and all work ok until now. The left side still operates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there anyway to test the wiring harness for the left side? Of I use a multimeter what should I be looking for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Test the continuity of the two caliper wires from the ECU.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I had to give the VCDS unit back to the friend I borrowed it from. The new motor was on but as above not working. The parking brake was still working on the drivers (left) side. All of a sudden though I pressed the EPB button to release and i heard a horrible noise from the right side but the alarm for the EPB stopped, Although the light on the dash was still on. I hadn't touched the EPB (waiting on getting the VCDS back) until tonight when I parked up I instinctively pressed the button. Again a long whine from the right motor with a few horrible gear grinding noises and the brake is back on but wont release. I have a replacement here ready for when I get the VCDS back. What's the best way to proceed.? As i need to get to work in the morning.. if I can't release, I suspect the motor is fubar'd.

Also what do i do in VCDS as it states no errors before opening motor...

EDIT
    **Couldn't get the brake to release this morning, had to get a lift into work. So, more importantly now is how I approach this job. I have the replacement but its the order I'm not a 100% on. Going by the VCDS website/wiki. Shall I connect the VCDS and try to open the motor via VCDS. Or do i replace the motor then try the open sequence.. The reason being the VCDS site on multiple occasions states the system to be fault free but, as you know this isn't the case for me.
    Last edited by Spardha; 22-08-19 at 11:22.
    2006 Passat Estate Sport 2.0 TDI-PD

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t know what to suggest now, you have dug yourself a hole and done the job a way I would not even contemplate as I know how sensitive those 2006 model year EPB ECU’s are after one went belly up on me many years ago. When we get a failed caliper, the ONLY way I will deal with it is to fit an exchange TRW (the original manufacturer) unit following the correct procedure, that way I don’t get bitten. Where did you but the motor from as TRW don’t sell them and from VW they are more than a full TRW calliper.

Vile Invention

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12