Thread: Mk4 Golf Limp Mode/issues

Post Thanks / Like

Mk4 Golf Limp Mode/issues

Hi all, this is my first time on a forum nevermind this forum so hope I am doing everything correctly... But I recently hit a bump in the road and put a hole in my oil sump, however at the time didn't realise it was a hole. So I put more oil in after the engine cutting out and continued to drive at which point the engine cut itself off again. However on the second time of cutting off the car came up with an alternator warning and a light came up on the dash which I assume is an alternator fault light. Is this down to it being in some kind of limp mode or is this down to some alternator issue??? I checked the belt and all seems fine, going to fit the replacement sump tomorrow just wondering if I should order a new alternator whilst I am at it
    Thanks
    Shanley

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Limp mode: What is it, what are the causes, and how to fix it for the Audi and VW TDI diesel turbo

Post moved to the correct section as its not a general question.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.