Thread: VW Tiguian DSG 4 MOtion Replaced with new gearbox but still issues in gear changing

Post Thanks / Like

Angry VW Tiguian DSG 4 MOtion Replaced with new gearbox but still issues in gear changing

Help

I Have a 2018 Tiguan 4Motion DSG, and unfortunate hit a bollard which resulted in the gearbox dog leg breaking , as a result of this as i could not get it repaired in line with warrently, i had to buy a new gearbox from VW , the gearbox arrived and was fitted by 3rd party, i contacted a Mate who does all the diagnosis for VW in my area, who apparently removed the previous Gearbox codes so that the car could talk to the new gearbox, after completion the gent left, a week late the garage has attempted to drive the vehicle but it will only go in to 1st gear and reverse, it does not want to go in any other gear, i have spoken to VW who advise that it needs to be booked in for initial diagnostic with a charge and then they will take it from there, as you can imagine i have paid out thousands on a complete new gearbox from VW and the issue is stressing me out, the Gen t who did the reprogram said that it had to be driven so that it could re learn, but as above it will not go in any other gear, apart from 1st and reverse,

are there any suggestions apart from taking to main dealer as i am pulling my hair out with all the extra expence

thank you for reading my post and any poosable guidence
    2018 Tiguan 4Motion 2.0 TDI-CR, DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    If its 2018 shouldn't it be replaced under warranty unless its done over 60k?

Is it a 6 speed DSG or 7 speed DSG?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    its a 7 speed but not covered under warrentty as dog leg was broken by driver hence new gearbox from VW , but after codes reset will onl go in 1st or reverse

Post Thanks / Like
    its a 7 speed dsg 4motion which is brand new from dealer supplied only goes in 1st and reverse on testing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RENTALMAN UK View Post
    its a 7 speed dsg 4motion which is brand new from dealer supplied only goes in 1st and reverse on testing
    What is the transmission/gearbox code of the data sticker? Data Sticker/Options Sticker and Engine Codes
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.