Thread: VW golf electronic hand brake(Parking brake)

Post Thanks / Like

VW golf electronic hand brake(Parking brake)

Hi all, I’ve got a Golf 2.0 TDI which has an electronic parking brake and wanted to see if anyone in the past has had any issues with them or heard of any common faults on them? Thanks
    63 plate Golf 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    The electronic hand brake is one of the worst things they have fitted there are always problems.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

3. Thanks Matth3w thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    Hi all, Ive got a Golf 2.0 TDI which has an electronic parking brake and wanted to see if anyone in the past has had any issues with them or heard of any common faults on them? Thanks
    The only issue I have had is that it is there

I can't find my post from a while back or what I said in it but I still have a good friend from our time in the motor trade in a past life who is now a VW service manager and refers to the EPB as a "nice little earner".....
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

5. Thanks Matth3w thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve had my car approx 2 and a half years no problems at all really but now I’ve got a squeaky brake problem, drivers side back wheel was squeaking when driving took it to the garage and it was the calliper seized so that got sorted but now it’s came back (the noise) but only long distance say driving 30 mins when the wheels/brakes have been used and you can feel the wheel hotter than the other 3, took it back to the garage and they couldn’t find anything. any advice?
    63 plate Golf 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    My auto engineering experience was from some time ago but when calipers seize they will need attention, preferrably replacement.
    If yours has been "sorted" then I would assume that the caliper has been replaced and hopefully the other one as well assuming that they were both the same age. (which they should have been)
    IME if a wheel appears hot the most likely thing was more often than not the caliper so I would suggest that you return the car to whoever did the work and explain your concerns.
    If they "couldn't find anything" then they are not looking hard enough.
    If you don't get a plausible explanation then you should visit a reputable auto engineer and get their advice.
    If a wheel / brake assembly is hot then something is amiss and requires attention.
    We would never have sent a customer away whose vehicle had exhibited such symptoms.
    If we had done the initial work he would never have needed to come back with a "hot wheel" because the vehicle would not have left us with such an issue especially concerning brakes.
    Last edited by Sam&Anne; 17-08-19 at 16:11.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

8. Thanks Matth3w thanked for this post
    Likes Matth3w liked this post