Thread: Injector #4 replacement

Post Thanks / Like

Injector #4 replacement

Helo everyone,

My 2010 Golf Plus 1.6 TDI went into limp mode last Tuesday, and the garage identified that injector #4 had an electrical issue and wanted ~€800 to replace it.

I said no, and purchased a reconditioned Bosch one. I have just fitted it; however, my torque wrench seems to be broken and my local hardware store only has one that starts at 28 NM and I need one that can start at 0.

What are the consequences of over tightenting the injector bracket?

Also, can any garage update the ECU with the new injector code or must I go to a VW one, as it seems that my Autel MOT EU98 doesnt have this abaility?
    Last edited by VWSK; 07-09-19 at 18:12.
    2010 Golf Plus 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

I bought a small torque wrench of fleabay Toolzone 3/8" drive 5 - 25 NM, I don't remember the price of hand. Do a search?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, after reading my entire Autel manual I have found that it does have the ability to peform injector adaptation; however, when I tried it, I received the following reply from my car:

"Service refuse.code 7F 2E 33
    Access authorization required. perform login"

The only option I had after that was to exit the adaptation process. How am I supposed to log into my car via my Autel MOT EU908?

Post Thanks / Like
    After searching my devices features as its manual unfortunately doesnt list them all, I have found that it does have a security access one. When I enter 27971 my ECU reports login OK; however, it still says I need authorization access when I try and change my injectors code. I tried a different value for the access code and my ECU reported that it was not correct and that I need to wait a while before trying again, so this tells me that the code is correct.