Thread: Dashboard grilles for 65/66

Post Thanks / Like

Dashboard grilles for 65/66

Restoring a 66 with sliding metal sunroof.
    Previous owner smoothed the dash. Have put glovebox back in and hacked out the patches for the grilles round the speedo for speaker.
    Looking on ebay I can find them for 68 onward but nothing for our year and I need one with the hole in for the square fuel gauge. Are they the same as 68 on?
    Tia

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0.

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/ keep this in your favorites/bookmarks for reference. As it will save me checking ETKA.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0.

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/ keep this in your favorites/bookmarks for reference. As it will save me checking ETKA.
    Sorry for asking, didnt want a "free fix" just thought the normally friendly vw aircooled community would know the answer to a query. I've had classic stuff for 25 years but this is the first beetle I've attempted.
    Not used to forums and from that reply I'm thinking I'll go back to asking at car shows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Filthyoilyfitter View Post
    Not used to forums and from that reply I'm thinking I'll go back to asking at car shows.
    I could write a lot - but I won't.

However I will say not to be disheartened, just complete the required "introduction" and hang around as there are a number of knowledgeable air-cooled folk around here from what I have seen.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Filthyoilyfitter View Post
    Sorry for asking, didnt want a "free fix" just thought the normally friendly vw aircooled community would know the answer to a query. I've had classic stuff for 25 years but this is the first beetle I've attempted.
    There are loads of Beetle restoration sites you can joint for free advice. Its a simple request which you don't want to do. Any car forum you add your car spec so they know which vehicle your taking about.

Its no good saying I've got a problem with my Golf.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.