Thread: Mk2 Coupe S

Post Thanks / Like

Mk2 Coupe S

This is my Coupe. I've spent what seems like ages tinkering in my spare time to do her up with help from brother's business. [http://www.sjmautos.co.uk/#][SJM Autos] What do you think?

I am now the proud owner of a lovingly restored Mk2 Polo Coupe which I love thanks to help from SJM Autos. Please visit www.SJMAutos.co.uk or see the Facebook page SJM Autos

Post Thanks / Like

polo

Aup mate I have a polo mk2 breadvan there are cool little cars and how much you dropped your mate

Post Thanks / Like
    I loved my wife's CL Coupe, it was a lovely little thing in black. We decided in 2000 to get her a new Beetle but being me I wanted the 1.8T which was coming later. I decided to put down a deposit and wait and in the mean time I spent three months rebuilding the little Polo to make it look perfect. I fitted a late dash, converted the carb to auto choke to suit, Mk1 GTI 9 spoke wheels, paint, 40-mm drop, vented discs, exhaust, stereo, sound deadening, welded up the battery tray, made it look stunning. Gave it her back on a Saturday afternoon and was WELL pleased with the thank you I received! She took it to work Monday morning and on Monday evening someone T boned her on a mini roundabout as he did not see it, he hit the car so violently the glass sunroof collapsed into her head and filled her scalp with broken glass and the passenger seat came over so hard it smashed her against the drivers door, total write off! I could not bear to see the car and asked my business partner and local VW breaker to deal with it for me.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I like! My first car was a exactly the same!

The car was in the year 1989.
    2006 Polo 1.2, Petrol