Thread: ACC and Front ASSIT unavliable on my 2017 GOLF MK 7.5 facelift

Post Thanks / Like

ACC and Front ASSIT unavliable on my 2017 GOLF MK 7.5 facelift

Hi,
    My 2017 facelift GOLF SE NAV front ACC and front assist sensor took a hit and now I have error messages that say ACC and Front Assits unavliable. I can't see any damage to the front VW badge that hides the sensor to know if the sensor it's self is damaged how could I tell if this is the case? I don't want to go to a MAIN DEALER before I know if the sensor is damaged or just been knocked out of aligment. has anyone else had this problem if so how did you determine if the sensor was damaged or just misaligned? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Crasher; 29-09-19 at 22:44. Reason: Insulting remark
    2017 Golf SE 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLFA1 View Post
    Hi,
    I don't want to go to a stealer
    Kind regards.
    Some of us who have links to a VAG dealership resent the "stealer" implication.
    Perhaps it was just a typo.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if you are offended, just speaking from experience of two main dealers here in mainland UK.
    2017 Golf SE 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Point five... https://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/sh...ad.php?t=11638

Without the main dealers we would not have new or eventually used cars to buy or a spares and service backup, they are not perfect but whoever is can cast the first spanner...
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLFA1 View Post
    Sorry if you are offended, just speaking from experience of two main dealers here in mainland UK.
    Approach the most senior-looking service adviser and try to work with him/her. Sometimes they mellow with age.

I have had a lot of luck finding someone at a local main dealer (not the nearest, I hasten to add) who I believe will help me maintain my car with minimum outlay.
    2013 Golf SE 1.4 TSI DSG Pacific Blue Parking Assistant.
    The Beemer is a bike!

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at it from the point of view of the chap/chapesses sitting behind the desk, all customers are the model of decorum, reliability, integrity and honesty aren’t they? I find it easier to deal with cars, they don’t lie to you and want to be fixed.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam&Anne View Post
    Some of us who have links to a VAG dealership resent the "stealer" implication.
    Perhaps it was just a typo.
    There are some good garages and some bad ones. My experience with one VW main dealer for the past 5 years has been mostly positive. I usually take my car to Sinclair VW in Newport. If you look at Google reviews for this dealer, some reviews are good, some bad, but I personally never had major issues with them. Maybe I've been lucky so far, but the reasons I keep taking my car there:

- Service costs seem reasonable. They are not the cheapest, but hopefully, you get qualified VW technicians.

- Took my car there some time ago to repair tyre puncture and they carried out repair free of charge. They told me "for regular clients we don't charge for puncture repairs".

- Took my other car Ford Fiesta and asked if they could fit 4 new tyres which I bought myself online. They carried out the job without any issues, even though this was not a VW and I brought my own tyres. I felt a bit guilty about it.

- Every time I take my car for a service, they do it on time. They have a nice waiting area with sofas and free tea/coffee. Car wash/valeting is also included, but I always tell them not to clean it, since it takes longer to get the car back and I don't want anyone scratching the paint with dirty sponge.

Since VW warranty on my car expired, I've started doing oil and filter changes myself. But any other major jobs, like timing belt, brakes, etc, I would always take it to this VW dealer, because other independent garages around Bristol are not that much cheaper, and in some cases a bit more expensive.

I'm not in any way connected with this Sinclair VW and don't have any friends there, just talking about my previous experience with them.
    Last edited by SadClouds; 13-10-19 at 20:42.
    2015 Golf 2.0 TDI-CR CRBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Fortunately Crasher has edited your original post removing the unnecessary reference.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!