Thread: Creaky springy front end sound.

Post Thanks / Like

Creaky springy front end sound.

Hi,

sometimes when going over speed bumps I get a creaky spring noise from the front end. When going downhill it rarely happens but on a level road usually all the time. Had the mot in June and had an advisory Offside Front Shock absorbers light misting of oil or has limited damping effect. Took it into a garage last week and he saw nothing wrong with it. Also serviced a few weeks ago. Any ideas?
    thankyou.
    driving a 2014 1.2 TSI.

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec doesn't mean much 2014 ???? 1.2 TSI for a suspension problem, which VW model?

Get the suspension checked out.

Why the hell do member use the stupid fonts/colours when posting text? There is nothing wrong with the standard format.

Post changed.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec doesn't mean much 2014 ???? 1.2 TSI for a suspension problem, which VW model?

Get the suspension checked out.

Why the hell do member use the stupid fonts/colours when posting text? There is nothing wrong with the standard format.

Post changed.
    That was a warm welcome.
    never knew about the introduction rule or would have gone down that route. The “stupid font” wasn’t of my doing but I’ll still apologise for that.
    it’s a 2014 Golf 1.2 TSI petrol.
    sorry I wasn’t more clear in my first post.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    p.s I had the suspension checked and he said nothing was wrong. I’ll get a second opinion next week. Just wanted to pick the forums brains so to speak.
    2014 Golf 1.2 TSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjoe123 View Post
    That was a warm welcome.

Just wanted to pick the forums brains so to speak.
    You get a warm welcome if you make an intro.

That speaks for itself Just wanted to pick the forums brains so to speak. never to be seen again.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.