Thread: Volkswagen Golf MK5 1.9TDI Warm Start Problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Volkswagen Golf MK5 1.9TDI Warm Start Problem?

Hiya,

I've just recently brought a 1.9TDI. I have noticed that when the engine gets up to temperature and you turn it off and leave it or start it back up it'll turn over many more times than on cold!

It used to do it on cold but i've replaced the Glow Plugs and Battery. After the battery replacement, the car on hot cranks alot faster than before but still takes a while to get started. Im very curious as what it could be. I've heard getting it mapped to stage 1 will fix it. Im not planning to do that until Christmas time, so is there anything else that i could do?

Cheers
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by L-marsh View Post
    Hiya,

I've just recently brought a 1.9TDI.
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!! as I've said in your other post.

2005 Golf 1.6 FSI

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.