Name:	Beetle 5.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	6899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beetle 6.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	6900

I am excited to join the world of VW having just purchased for my lovely daughter a gorgeous 2007 Beetle Cabriolet Luna 1.6 engine beige.

Coming from the world of Mercedes and Audi, the VW has that 'German' feel and i'm keen to learn from you all !

The car drives lovely and nice and solid.

There are 2 things that I need to fix:

• One reversing sensor is pushed in (should be easy to fix)
    • The drivers heated seat does not appear to work, would this be the switch or the seat thats gone normally?

Lastly the bonnet handle inside pops off, is there a way to keep it on?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by A1EK; 01-11-19 at 12:07.

Post Thanks / Like
    New kid on the block

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand, don't worry I'm here to help others too. As an engineer I love fixing things, so will report back when I can

Post Thanks / Like
    no one ? im surprised at little response ?
    2007 Beetle Cabriolet Luna 1.6, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    Sorry for the late reply. Nice car by the way. My wife has had hers from new in 2004 and loves it.
    From memory the rear sensor is held in the bumper bracket that is moulded to the bumper cover. If that is broken then you might have to fix it in place with a glass fibre type filler. To do it properly you will have to remove the bumper cover which is quite a big job as the rear wings have to come off at the same time.
    For the heated seats I assume that you have checked the fuses and all the connectors. Be carefully not to disturb any of the wiring or connectors to the airbags in the seats. I would see if I could get a secondhand switch and try that first.
    As for the bonnet release have a good look at the plastic as that might be broken. The car is getting to the age when the plastic parts will start to fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, so I have found that 3 of the rear sensors are faulty and expensive to replace, so I will buy aftermarket ones that fit within the original holes

The heated seats seem to working okay now, is it usually the switch that is temperamental do you know?

The bonnet release is clipped back in now and okay.

The door stay I have managed to repair, by making a bracket and bolting this to the door, this avoided buying a new door.

The temperamental door lock I have now replaced with a second hand one and works great, although when I press the door lock on the inside of the door, I hear the motor operate but you can still open the door from the outside. However at least it locks and un-locks with the remote now !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A1EK View Post
    although when I press the door lock on the inside of the door, I hear the motor operate but you can still open the door from the outside.
    This can happen if you have the Bowden cable plastic catch set too tight and high up in the handle groove slot.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    understood, i will check this.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually unclipped the Bowden cable, bit still the same sadly

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably a faulty unit then, it is why I refuse customers requests to use them or the fleaBay Chinese copies, when they go wrong I end up paying the labour so it is too painful.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse: