Thread: VW CC 2012 Airbag error - 01228

Post Thanks / Like

Question VW CC 2012 Airbag error - 01228

Hi all, I have an airbag light and airbag error message. I scanned the car and got a code of 01228 - airbag cuttoff switch faulty, passenger side.
    Any idea what this might be????
    I did move the passenger seat so thought that might be the issue. checked the connectors under need and all still plugged in.

any help at all much appreciated!
    2012 CC 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your other post says you were thinking of buying 2012 CC 2.0 TDI so have you bought it?

VAG Error Code: 01228

Fault Location:
    Airbag Cut-Off Switch for Passenger Side (E224) - Open Circuit/Short Circuit to Earth/Positive/Unknown Switch Condition

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Fuse(s).
    Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Airbag Cut-Off Switch for Passenger Side (E224) faulty.
    Airbag Cut-Off Switch for Passenger Side (E224) faulty.

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace Fuse(s).
    Check/Replace Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Airbag Cut-Off Switch for Passenger Side (E224).
    Check Airbag Cut-Off Switch for Passenger Side (E224).
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your other post says you were thinking of buying 2012 CC 2.0 TDI so have you bought it?

VAG Error Code: 01228

Fault Location:
    Airbag Cut-Off Switch for Passenger Side (E224) - Open Circuit/Short Circuit to Earth/Positive/Unknown Switch Condition

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Fuse(s).
    Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Airbag Cut-Off Switch for Passenger Side (E224) faulty.
    Airbag Cut-Off Switch for Passenger Side (E224) faulty.

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace Fuse(s).
    Check/Replace Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Airbag Cut-Off Switch for Passenger Side (E224).
    Check Airbag Cut-Off Switch for Passenger Side (E224).
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software

Hi Apologies for not introducing myself. Yes just purchased the car about 2 weeks now and really want to get this sorted. I gave the car a good looking over. Im certain the car was never crashed.

two problems I have with the car:

1) Airbag error 01228 - I cleared this with my OBD-eleven but it came back. Checked connectors under seat all connected. is there any point in changing the airbag cut off switch? Could the solution be something else?
    2) Terrible radio signal in FM and DAB, any reason why this is?
    2012 CC 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cianoc07 View Post

two problems I have with the car:

1) Airbag error 01228 - I cleared this with my OBD-eleven but it came back. Checked connectors under seat all connected. is there any point in changing the airbag cut off switch? Could the solution be something else?
    2) Terrible radio signal in FM and DAB, any reason why this is?
    OBD-eleven is a cheap scanner.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.