Thread: Abs pump coding

Post Thanks / Like

Abs pump coding

Iím looking at buying a second hand abs pump and my garage have told me that I some need coding and some canít be coded, just wondering if there is anyway around knowing if itís fine to go in my car and wonít need coding as I donít just want to buy and hope for the best, cheers.
    2008 Golf 1.9 TDI-PD BXE (77kw/103PS)

Post Thanks / Like
    This garage needs to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out and coding.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    The part numbers must match and it is likely to need coding plus it will need a specific pressure and computer controlled bleeding process.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 Ė 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    The garage have quoted me £60 to fit the pump, I canít find out the part number until they take it off as itís impossible to get to the back of it, would eBay be my best bet at getting a cheapish second hand pump and module?

Post Thanks / Like
    I refuse to fit used parts like this, what is wrong with yours, Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201)?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Post Thanks / Like
    the fault reads 01130 (ABS Not a plausible signal) and ive taken it to 2 different garages now and they have both said itís the pump and module. The first said it would cost £800 for a new part and the second said they can take it off and let me order a second hand part.

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to have the power to the ABS pump checked