Thread: New to amarok

Post Thanks / Like

New to amarok

Just collected a 2013 high line with 60k miles and loving it

long term VW fan, sold a golf R estate for the amarok as need to ferry a load of hay/ sheep etc around

about to do some mods, first being the dire radio Satnav. It’s a rns 315 without dab and with antiquated maps on a tiny screen....have bought a pioneer 9200 unit so will fit that along with the pioneer reverse camera. I have 2 questions, 1 will I need a can bus adapter to get the ac and ops displays or needn’t I bother as I’m fitting the camera and 2. Any hints on routing the camera wire

ps, I’m also the moderator of a rival up! Forum as we have a couple of these too and a T-Roc

cheers and hello all

John
    2013 Amarok HighLine 2.0 TDI-CR BiTurbo, DSG
    2018 T-Roc 1.6 TDI-CR
    2018 Up! Move up
    2019 Up! GTI

prev, 2xup! Whites, 2x polos, Golf R 3 door & Golf R estate

VW addicts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Privatedoc View Post
    Just collected a 2013 high line with 60k miles and loving it

ps, I’m also the moderator of a rival up! Forum as we have a couple of these too and a T-Roc
    Well if your a mod on another forum you aren't a good one as your 2013 Amarok doesn't state the engine size. I've changed your car spec.

I've guessing its:

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 11/2011-10/2016, Model: Amarok, Engine Code: CSHA, 132Kw, 180PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) BiTurbo
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 11/2011-10/2016, Model: Amarok, Engine Code: CNEA, 132Kw, 180PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) BiTurbo
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 11/2009-08/2012, Model: Amarok, Engine Code: CDCA, 120Kw, 163PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) BiTurbo

Also your car spec used the stupid fonts/colours. Which mean nothing in a post it shows a different size a signature shows nothing.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not au-fait with this forums rules yet, sorry...yes its the 180 (132kw) version auto ...what is the difference between CSHA and CNEA engines??? I'm here to learn!
    2013 Amarok HighLine 2.0 TDI-CR BiTurbo, DSG
    2018 T-Roc 1.6 TDI-CR
    2018 Up! Move up
    2019 Up! GTI

prev, 2xup! Whites, 2x polos, Golf R 3 door & Golf R estate

VW addicts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Privatedoc View Post
    what is the difference between CSHA and CNEA engines??? I'm here to learn!
    Personally I couldn't tell you the difference between those 2 engine codes, maybe Crasher can tell you.

That engine code does it say on the data sticker?

Data Sticker/Options Sticker and Engine Codes
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.