Thread: Dashboard lit up like a yellow xmas tree.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Dashboard lit up like a yellow xmas tree.

Hi,

My car 2019 Tiguan 2.0 TDI is at the dealership, just so you guys know. It was delivered there on the back of a flatbed truck after being removed off the highway by the police because I was blocking the highway as everything stopped working, including the electronic handbrake. This was Monday.

Tuesday: The engine now runs, but in limp mode. There are multiple historic faults on the ECU but the components they're referring to are not actually faulty. VW has no idea what’s wrong as they can’t make it do it again. ����*♀️

Wednesday: VW still have no idea, can the engineer take it on a long run to try to trigger the fault? Apparently they need to trigger it to see what’s wrong because clearly mine and my son’s detailed description isn't enough.

So if the ECU is showing historic faults, but none of those components are actually faulty, but they stopped working because the ECU thought they were faulty so turned them off, is it not logical that the ECU might be faulty?

They’re not explaining anything to me. They just keep telling me I’m in good hands (yes I do find that patronising), and they’ll figure it out. What happens if they can’t retrigger the event? Will they just return the car to me so it’ll happen for me again whilst out with my wheelchair? Has this happened to anyone else?

Post Thanks / Like
    While its under warranty the dealer is the best place to go with the equipment they have and technical bulletins.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    And that’s where the car is, as it’s less than 6 months old, it was the only place I thought to take it.

I guess I’m hoping someone might have experienced something similar as the VW service centre aren't giving me anything information, not even the fault codes. I’m half feeling a digital pat on the head from them and I’m trying not to read in to it that it’s because I’m a woman.
    2019 Tiguan 2.0 DSG 7-speed Iridium Grey.

Post Thanks / Like
    A VW dealer should give you a printout of any error codes found.

If your not happy contact Customer services an complain about your problems.

Contact us Volkswagen
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hoping someone will know, my VW dealership had to refer the car to Germany because the local engineers had never come across the fault.

Apparently the fuel pressure sensor is faulty and in the process of being replaced.

However this has confused me as to why I had no electronic parking brake. Could a faulty sensor trip the ecu?