Thread: Mark 6 engines?

Post Thanks / Like

Mark 6 engines?

So i know some stuff about mk4 and a little about mk5 golfs, but nothing about newer models really. Ive done work on those models and know quite a lot about mark 4 engines. But im into my second year of driving now and as much as i love my yaris t sport, its time for something different, 135k miles on a petrol cant be far off its end haha. So im looking at mk6 Golf 2009ish. the 110PS model, as it can be mapped to like 180 haha. Just wondering what the reliability of these engines are like? the 2.0 TDI 110PS. I'm looking at ads and seeing 130k miles and going, "thats nothing" but im forgetting that im thinking about pd130 mk4 golfs, not these newer ones that i know nothing about. Anyway what are these engines like and what seems like a margin for "high mileage". if i get one of these cars, cant see any reason i wouldnt have it for a good few years, not that i do a tonne of miles, maybe 8k per year. thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, what are you driving at the moment?

It depends what you want economy or performance. TDI will be good for economy.

It will also depend on the service history and mileage. A big point is as it had the VW emission's update, if it has that's even worse.

Post moved to the correct section.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.