Thread: Caddy maxi 11plate injector problem

Post Thanks / Like

Caddy maxi 11plate injector problem

hi am new and have a question so one of my injectors have gone managed to tow it to garage. would it be wise to get all new injectors or get one fixed to chop it in for a newer model i know its expensivebut really love the van. second hoe do i add pics and change my details on my profile?

Post Thanks / Like
    I renovated mine with the Bosch kit (similar to this one) - do all four at once. Many videos on youtube etc. But you need to know what you are doing with timing belt, or learn it (and change it while you are there unless it's newish). I cleaned my old injectors with an ultrasound cleaner (normally used for cleaning spectacles) before installing the new gaskets/kits etc. It's done about 50 k-km so far and runs very nicely - fuel and emissions are lower. Very satisfying. A pack of 4 cost me about 40€
    2005 Caddy 1.9 TDI-PD BLS
    2015 Polo BlueMotion 1.4

Post Thanks / Like
    His engine is common rail, yours is Pumpe Duse
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Crasher,
    I didn't mean it so literally - just that I had problems with my injectors and was quoted silly money to fix/replace them with reconditioned ones (prohibitively expensive) but was able to get around that by learning a lot and spending about 1/4 of the price on tools and parts. And I now know how to fix more things which is very nice - especially the timing belt as that is a regular expense. It took a fair effort but well worth it, and reuses instead of just replacing - in my case the whole vehicle.
    2005 Caddy 1.9 TDI-PD BLS
    2015 Polo BlueMotion 1.4

5. Thanks Crasher thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    11 plate Caddy Maxi Engine???
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.