Thread: Fault code

Post Thanks / Like

Fault code

Seasons greetings to all,trusty van loses fuel from the filter when stood for the weekend,top up filter leave for a few hours starts fine and all is good,now I have a fault code and audible warning as well as light on dash,code is 1 no other digits and then error any help would be great
    2000 Caddy Kombi 1.9 SDI AYQ EAZ LJ1B (9k9 b36)
    51 plate Golf 1.9 TDI love the mpg 57.7

Post Thanks / Like
    Which fault code?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Keithuk,

Unfortunately am forced by budgetary restraints to carry out repairs myself,essentially I can't afford to pay a mechanic also no too sure whether I should drive until I'm sure what's wrong,the only information I have is when I start my van odometer readout goes blank and then the number 1 appears then goes blank again and error appears and flashes on and off meanwhile my red thermometer light flashes and at the beginning of the cycle I get an audible beep,hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    These are a Mercedes/VW hybrid and not really very familiar to most VAG mechanics including myself, even plugging in our failure VCDS can be an issue if it has the early round diagnostic plug and that is what you must get first, a diagnostic scan otherwise you are urinating into the wind...lack of funds or not there is no other way around this other than throwing time and parts at it which may even fail if you guess the right part as clearing the code and registering the part may not let it work even if you have got it right.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)