Thread: Jetta Steering Wheel Slight Vibration Under Drive

Post Thanks / Like

Jetta Steering Wheel Slight Vibration Under Drive

Hi
    I have a 2007 Jetta 2.0 FSI petrol and 66,000 miles on the clock. bought it 2 months ago and i didn't notice the constant vibration while the D drive is engaged.
    I balanced the wheels and did the tracking but it seems obvious now that is coming from the engine. I guess that because it doesn't vibrate while on Neutral.
    so maybe Battery or Timing belt !!!

Any ideas please

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

We can't hear vibrations on a forum, post a video link?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keith
    thanks for the response and sorry for the novice post but then again, how do you suggest i take a video of a slight vibration of the steering wheel ?
    the vibration is only felt

Regards
    Ahmed

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

We can't hear vibrations on a forum, post a video link?
    2007 Jetta 2.0 FSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed EL-ZAHAR View Post
    Keith
    thanks for the response and sorry for the novice post but then again, how do you suggest i take a video of a slight vibration of the steering wheel ?
    the vibration is only felt
    Use your phone to make a video then post it on one of the free upload sites then post the link, or search YouTube for the same vibrations and post the link?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.