Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Car Accident should insurance offer new alloys or refurbs

  1. #11
    Administrator Crasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    22,826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those wheels, part number 8W0 601 025 BJ, are 957.60 each and the reason they are refusing to do the headlight is they cost 2226.65 each (yes you read that right, 1855.44 plus VAT for part number 8W6 941 783 F) which to be honest is insane... headlights should not cost that much, they are too vulnerable.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

    Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Those wheels, part number 8W0 601 025 BJ, are 957.60 each and the reason they are refusing to do the headlight is they cost 2226.65 each (yes you read that right, 1855.44 plus VAT for part number 8W6 941 783 F) which to be honest is insane... headlights should not cost that much, they are too vulnerable.
    Those are ridiculous prices.

    im not being unreasonable with the alloys, i know for a fact the colors wont match with the two originals at the back. So i will have multicolored alloys if they refurb 2.
    2011 Golf 1.6 TDI-CR
    2010 Passat B6 2.0 TDI-CR DSG

  3. #13
    Administrator Keithuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Stoke on Trent
    Posts
    14,935
    Post Thanks / Like
    To me alloy wheels are a waste of money. The only thing is they look nice. New wheel OEM prices or extortionate at 500 plus.

    The saving weight factor doesn't matter on a road vehicle.

    The lacquer bubbles up so they don't look nice, even companies that refurb alloys the lacquer bubbles still show after a few years.

    We still don't know which engine size/type is fitted 2010 Passat B6 Engine????
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.


  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    To me alloy wheels are a waste of money. The only thing is they look nice. New wheel OEM prices or extortionate at 500 plus.

    The saving weight factor doesn't matter on a road vehicle.

    The lacquer bubbles up so they don't look nice, even companies that refurb alloys the lacquer bubbles still show after a few years.

    We still don't know which engine size/type is fitted 2010 Passat B6 Engine????
    My passat is R Line, they have 18 inch alloys, but in the earlier post i have mentioned the car in question is Audi A5 sportback 2017 plate, 19 Inch alloys.
    2011 Golf 1.6 TDI-CR
    2010 Passat B6 2.0 TDI-CR DSG

  5. #15
    Administrator Crasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    22,826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brand new modern cars are great, when they are over 3 years old they become a liability, electric autonomous cars are only going to amplify this problem ten fold. The car industry and the customers need to take not just a step back but a whole stride, going back to basics on complexity and weight but keeping (and consequently improving) the emissions. Electric cars, an environmental disaster coming to all of us in around 20 years time.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

    Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

  6. Thanks Sam&Anne thanked for this post
  7. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Brand new modern cars are great, when they are over 3 years old they become a liability, electric autonomous cars are only going to amplify this problem ten fold. The car industry and the customers need to take not just a step back but a whole stride, going back to basics on complexity and weight but keeping (and consequently improving) the emissions. Electric cars, an environmental disaster coming to all of us in around 20 years time.
    i agree, i had the volvo s40 petrol, i did loads of miles in that and it only needed a slave cylinder that leaked once and alternator pulley. They not the same now.
    2011 Golf 1.6 TDI-CR
    2010 Passat B6 2.0 TDI-CR DSG

  8. #17
    Administrator Crasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    22,826
    Post Thanks / Like
    No affordable mainstream cars are built like that anymore, all manufacturers are chasing volumes and customers only seem to be interested in connectivity, well made solid cars are a thing of the past. I have a 2007 Golf 5 in at the moment and it is rotten, front wings falling to bits and the skills have crudely botched on plates to get it through the MOT. I know it is 13 years old but my 190k mile 17 year old Octavia doesn’t have a mark on it.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

    Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •