Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Accident should insurance offer new alloys or refurbs

Post Thanks / Like

Car Accident should insurance offer new alloys or refurbs

Our car was involved in a car accident while it was parked up, third party drove into it, offside rear tyre came off the alloy rim and third party vehicle damaged the full side of the car. The third parties n/s rim got stuck between the two doors near the b-pillar and actually dragged our car forward. The N/S front alloy had been kerbed also.

So now we have a car that is few years old on finance, has lovely 19 inch factory fitted alloys, the rear o/s alloys took a hit and require a geo to see any suspension damage, the front o/s alloy has some scratches and the n/s front has very deep kerb marks. The repairer is saying they will refurb the 3 alloys, shouldn't they replace with new alloys? Also wont the 4th alloy look different should they only refurb 3.

Just after some advice, our car before accident was in pristine condition and want it back pre-accident conditon.
    2011 Golf 1.6 TDI-CR
    2010 Passat B6 2.0 TDI-CR DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is the wheel I am thinking of, the Talladega; these are 1001 each so replacing all three would write the car off.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    If it is the wheel I am thinking of, the Talladega; these are 1001 each so replacing all three would write the car off.
    but should they be replacing alloys rather than refurb?
    2011 Golf 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neo123 View Post
    but should they be replacing alloys rather than refurb?
    My insurance company insisted that the rear off-side door be replaced with a new one. This caused the car to be written-off, whereas a resprayed s/h door would have kept me happy.

You should contact the assessor in your insurance company to discuss possible options. I suspect that the final decision on write-off vs. repair will be down to the third party's insurer and what they are prepared to pay.
    For sale: 2013 Golf SE 1.4 TSI (CMBA) DSG Pacific Blue Parking Assistant.
    The Beemer is a bike!

Post Thanks / Like
    There is nothing wrong with a refurbished wheel by a reputable company, unless you want the car writing off.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Post Thanks / Like
    Read the small print in your insurance policy, but normally they are only required to return the vehicle to the condition it was in before the event that has created your claim. As you did not have brand-new wheels on the car at the time, they could well be justified in arguing that fitting new wheels is improving its condition and therefore not what is provided in your policy.

Chris
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI DSG in Tornado Red, with Perth alloys, Bi-Xenons + LED DRLs, Discover Navigation, Climatronic, Sunroof, Foglights, Mirror Pack, Lane Assist Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist, Rear view Camera & Winter Pack!

Now that VW have ceased production of the Golf SV, and believe cars should only come in 50 shades of grey, I have ordered a Race Blue Skoda Karoq Sportline as a replacement!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry i should said its not my passat or golf, the car is Audi A5 S Line Sportsback 2017. i dont want the car to be written off, i just want it back to pre accident condition, the car was spotless, my worry is the impact on the rear wheel surely this would have weaken the structure and will all 4 alloys match in color, considering they are doing 3 refurbs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=audi...ZvjUyhM:&vet=1

it these alloys on the silver audi
    2011 Golf 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry i should said its not my passat or golf, the car is Audi A5 S Line Sportsback 2017. i dont want the car to be written off, i just want it back to pre accident condition, the car was spotless, my worry is the impact on the rear wheel surely this would have weaken the structure and will all 4 alloys match in color, considering they are doing 3 refurbs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=audi...ZvjUyhM:&vet=1

it these alloys on the silver audi
    Your signature does not show where you are located.

I would recommend Pentagon Paint and Body in Hatfield. They are an Audi-approved repair centre (and do Ferraris as well) and they send their wheels off to Lepsons for refurbishment.

Hope this helps
    For sale: 2013 Golf SE 1.4 TSI (CMBA) DSG Pacific Blue Parking Assistant.
    The Beemer is a bike!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry i should said its not my passat or golf, the car is Audi A5 S Line Sportsback 2017.
    That changes the cars value over repair cost balance considerably, if you private message me your reg number I will give you the price for the wheel.

10. Thanks neo123 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    well now they are sayin they will replace rear alloy and refurb the front two, there will definately be color difference from the originals in my view, so this is not to pre accident condition, they are also refusing to replace n/s headlight which has a scratch on it.

this was a brand new car purchased for 38k over 2 years we have kept it in pristine condition, immaculate and now they sayin this, their engineer has authorized 8k worth of work but not the above mentioned. Car probably worth around 21k now.
    2011 Golf 1.6 TDI-CR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast