Thread: Golf 5 1.9TDI 2008 Using Oil seeking advice

Post Thanks / Like

Golf 5 1.9TDI 2008 Using Oil seeking advice

Hello everyone,,
    My Golf 5 1.9 diesel seems to need the engine oil topping up about every 2000 miles. There are no oil leaks and it's not smoking, even after a long period of deceleration and then putting my foot down. It is very responsive on acceleration with no lumpiness or missfiring either. I understand the emissions system re-circulates any crankcase fumes which could explain the lack of exhaust smoke.
    I had two mk 2 petrol engined golfs years ago and neither used so much oil. Is the oil consumption normal for the diesel engined VW? If it's heavy does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing it?

Thanks.
    Mk5 Golf GTI 2.0
    2010 Golf 1.4 DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    2008 Golf 5 1.9 TDI

Car spec: Mk5 Golf GTI 2.0

Is this another model you have?

Get the crankcase breather system checked out?

Well the hell do members post using the stupid fonts/colours!!! it looks crap. Just use the default ones. It to much to edit.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe77 View Post
    Hello everyone,,
    My Golf 5 1.9 diesel seems to need the engine oil topping up about every 2000 miles. There are no oil leaks and it's not smoking, even after a long period of deceleration and then putting my foot down. It is very responsive on acceleration with no lumpiness or missfiring either. I understand the emissions system re-circulates any crankcase fumes which could explain the lack of exhaust smoke. 100001.onl/ 1921681254.mx/ acc.onl/hotmail
    I had two mk 2 petrol engined golfs years ago and neither used so much oil. Is the oil consumption normal for the diesel engined VW? If it's heavy does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing it?

Thanks.
    Thank you my issue has been solved,...
    Mk5 Golf GTI 2.0
    2010 Golf 1.4 DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe77 View Post
    Thank you my issue has been solved,...
    Are you going to tell us how you solved it, that's what forums are for?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.