Thread: blowing not working

Post Thanks / Like

blowing not working

Hi all, This is my first post so thank you in advance for any help, My blower on my golf stopped working, I replaced the fuse 30amp in fuse 6, The blower worked for another day and then the heating stopped again, All other electrics are fine, I have replaced the fuse again but it is still not working, Has anyone else had this problem, Thank you Toby

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Do you have the correct fuse and relay layout? PDF files

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which year of Golf 3 and which heating system, standard, manual air con or Climatronic?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a MK3 a good while back. In fact it was in 2010 during the really bad spell of snow and ice when the blower on my car stopped working. It was the resistor pack under and behind the glovebox that was kaput. That was only the standard heating model. The wipers also seized a few nights later in work during some pretty heavy snowfall. Nightmare!
    2014 Golf Match BlueMotion 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    If the resistor fails the fan should still work on full speed.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it did but I had a whole catalogue of problems with that car which caused me no end of grief. Everything seemed to fail at the same time.
    2014 Golf Match BlueMotion 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    That could have been the X relay circuit so you would lose wipers, glovebox light, radio and heated rear window as well as the heater blower plus if it’s the control side of the relay, you lose the headlights.