Thread: Vw passat b6 dpf issues

Post Thanks / Like

Vw passat b6 dpf issues

Hello everyone.
    I'm sorry that this might be in the wrong section but I'm really desperate and don't really know what to do. Thanks in advance for understanding.

So, recently bought a 2009 Passat, it's a 2.0 TDI CBDC so comes with only 110hp.
    So the first fault I had was a temp sensor right next to the TURBO ( EGT BANK 1)
    Ordered a new sensor, changed it everything was ok for couple of mins and then glow light popped up.
    Checked- now cyl 3 and 4 glow plugs are done.
    Changed all 4 of them. Tried to delete codes but as soon as I did it- popped right back.
    Later on dpf light came one, lost all the power.
    Did a dpf foam clean on it, didn't help.
    Tried to regenerate it, won't allow me for some reason, gives me an error.
    Took it to a guy I know, he used VCDS, found a faulty pressure sensor, then I'm not really sure what was he doing but I remember him saying--reseting Ash, he then asked me take it for a run, when I came back the faults were gone.
    Now 3 days later EML comes on, put it to a computer says - DPF efficiently below threshold. I deleted the fault, didn't come back up yet.
    Was going to work in the morning and the glow light came on.
    Checked, now its :
    O2 sensor high voltage
    DPF efficiency below threshold
    EGT sensor
    Particulate trap efficiency below threshold
    All of these are bank 1.
    I dont understand what could cause the egt sensor to fail as when I changed it, it was reading fine.
    Now I got the O2 sensor on the list as well.
    I'm travelling to work around 50mls every day, most of the time on motorway and when I stop the car after the journey, the light goes off, turn the car back on few mins later all the faults are back.
    Does this means that my dpf's time has come or what else could cause these problems.
    I can't read the soot content with my pc, the egt temps stays on 18 degrees, after dpf temp not reading at all.

Hope that someone has some answers/possible solutions as I'm really desperate and out of ideas. Already spent around 500 for the dpf cleans/sensors+fitting etc.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Private message me your REG number and post a full VCDS scan using the hashtag # code function in advanced reply.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

As suggested: You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

I've approved your first post.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 11/2008-11/2010, Model: Passat/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: CBDC, 81Kw, 110PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) 16v Timing belt Timing gears
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    I've approved your first post.
    you missed that the system had moderated MY post, damn cheek of it, me, himself and I... moderated... others have tried and failed!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

6. Likes Sam&Anne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    #P242F
    #P0132
    #P2002
    #P0544

These are the codes I’m having at the moment, went for a drive today and the DPF light came on as well. Now I’ve got DPF light, coil light and EML
    And now the thing is that, if I'm not driving but the car is on, the coil light is off (just DPF and EML)
    As soon as I start driving coil light pops on
    Code:
    16516 (P0132) Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor 1 (G39), Bank 1 - High Voltage

009263 (P242F) Diesel Particulate Filter (Bank 1): Restricted/Clogged

18434 (P2002) Particle Filter Bank 1: Malfunction

001348 (P0544) Sensor 1 for Exhaust Temp Bank 1 (G235) Circuit Malfunction - MIL ON
    To be direct with you these are pretty obvious codes that don't require expert interpretation, they are very clear. Your pre CAT/DPF lambda sensor is faulty, the DPF is blocked so needs removing for cleaning or replacement and the Exhaust Gas Temperature sensor in the exhaust manifold needs replacing. After these jobs you will need to rest the learn'd values and it is highly recommended to fit a genuine VW DPF pressure sensor which will need calibrating. Do not be tempted to use an aftermarket DPF pressure sensor, they are nothing but trouble.