Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vw tiguan 2 litre diesel year 2012 all wheel drive. Engine code, cffb.

Post Thanks / Like

Vw tiguan 2 litre diesel year 2012 all wheel drive. Engine code, cffb.

HI all, i am messing about with the BCM, on my 2012 Tiguan i have checked the two twisted orange wires which i believe should have voltage,they both show 2.5 volts. i also checked live feeds to the radio there are two which show 12.5 volts the ground is good, when i connected the radio back up the radio lit up and asked for a code which i have not got not worried about that as another spark had the battery out to long, when i switched on the ignition the light on the radio went off. the total items not working as follows, radio, drl, rear demister, interior lights. I have a used BCM it needs coded to my car the long code in my cars BCM is 58 digits long do i have to code the used BCM with those 58 digits?
    2012 Tiguan 4Motion 2.0 TDI-CR CFFB
    2004 Touran 1.9 TDI-PD, AVQ
    2005 Golf 1.4 FSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Don’t screw around with those wires, they are they the high and low CAN BUS data wires that are the convenience system communication wires around the car. To test these you need a dual trace oscilloscope.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Understood crasher, I got info from ross tech forum to check for voltage on the data bus wires so got away with that, do i have to use the full 58 digits to re code the used BCM ?
    2005 Golf 1.4 FSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Still trying to find Short in wiring of BCM module, comfort module, still no radio, interior lights, drl, and noticed lately that the rear window demister is not working, when i switch on the demister the yellow light on the switch goes off in milli- seconds, I still have to check the wiring in the boot door and the relay for same. i am going to download a wiring diagram from elsa win to see if it will help me ,the Tiguan runs lovely I will buy another one when i get this one sorted I cannot sell this one as it is, trying to beat the main dealer and fix this on my own, the battle is on to save big .
    2005 Golf 1.4 FSI

Post Thanks / Like
    You have the symptoms of a failed X relay command feed from the BCM.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Crasher, problem is i need a wiring diagram to identify that relay, i will try and download same from ElsaWin but that maybe a problem on its own?
    2005 Golf 1.4 FSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have access to ElsaWin?

You can join https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do for a day and save all wiring as PDF files.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Keith, I was trying to register with elsa, bottom line asks for org id what do i put in that line of the form.?
    2005 Golf 1.4 FSI

Post Thanks / Like
    High Keith, i have filled in the form to register with erwin, the bottom line on the form asks for org id, have you any idea what i should enter in this line i am trying to register as an individual to download the tiguan wiring diagrams.
    THANK YOU.
    2005 Golf 1.4 FSI

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think you need an org id for basic erWin access, only for accessing more sensitive aspects and purchasing ODIS flat rates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast