Thread: Driver's door won't lock/unlock with key fob

Post Thanks / Like

Driver's door won't lock/unlock with key fob

Hi,

Not sure which thread to post this in so apologies. I have a 2016 Golf hatch mk7. Unfortunately, the car battery died a couple of days ago and had to be replaced, which was fine. Since this has happened, for some reason, whenever I go to unlock/lock the car with the key fob all the doors unlock/lock apart from the driver's door. I can lock/unlock all the doors if I insert the key into the emergency key slot and the car recognises when it's open or closed. I've tried re-synchronising the key to the car and resetting the settings on the computer but to no avail. It's not keyless entry. Can anyone help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, the simplistic approach is a fault code read of the convenience system.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

3. Thanks Bendymartian thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried both key fobs?
    2018 Golf 1.4 TSI, DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from this post, minus engine size/type.

As suggested: You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've booked it in for a diagnostics check. Will see what it says and let people know what it was.
    2016 Golf Match Engine????