Thread: Boosting DAB/DAB+ Antenna - MK6 Jetta

Post Thanks / Like

Boosting DAB/DAB+ Antenna - MK6 Jetta

Hi,

I'm currently driving a 2023 Jetta MK6 with an RCD 310 DAB radio.

I'm planning on a upgrading my system, due to poor DAB signal whilst driving.

Is there a tried a tested way of boosting the DAB+ signal using the factory antenna? I've got the small shark fin mount (black) at the top of the rear window.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from this post minus engine size/type..

Your other post is talking about thinking of buying a CC which I've moved to the correct section as well as this post.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you peel back the conduit between the tailgate and the roof on the drivers side, you will probably find the wiring is broken, most Golf 6's get through a new harness here every three years or so.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Crasher, I'll give that one a go and see if the wiring is damaged.

Keithuk, are you a moderator for this forum?
    2013 Jetta Engine????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dubnewbie View Post
    Thanks Crasher, I'll give that one a go and see if the wiring is damaged.

Keithuk, are you a moderator for this forum?
    I'm an admin like Crasher. Look what is says under my username?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for clarifying Keith.

Your first post felt like a personal onslaught against asking a simple question within these forums.

People do join these forums to ask the odd question every so often, not always to join 'the club' - personally I haven't go enough time in the day outside of work for that kind of activity.

I've not filled out my car details as I don't see it being necessary - all relevant information has been highlighted within my post.

Lastly, how was I meant to know that this question was to fall under the 'Volkswagens Garage > InCar Entertainment' catergory - I've got a MK6 Jetta specific question, so I posted it there...